Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mike and Barbi


Mike and I have had a busy year in 2007. With Mike being the NRHA President, he has spent many hours and days on the phone, answering e-mails (yes, he has his own lap top and his college typing is all coming back to him) and going to meetings. He hasn't had much time to spend here at the Boyle Ranch, but we know that he is always here in spirit. We laugh at the funny things that we miss about him being at the shows like when he gets so excited when we are getting ready to go. He is out of control excited and he is always up and ready before any of us. Our kids, Brooke and Brandon always laugh at him on horse show mornings. NRHA has had a busy year. I am not sure that this year was the best year for Mike to be President. There has been a lot of controversy, but the one good thing is that it has gotten many more people involved with their association. I had all these visions of fame and glory, WEW, what was I thinking!! I respect Mike more than ever now because he has dug in and tried to listen to the members and make a difference in the Association. Anyone that knows him, knows how honest and ethical he is and how he tries to make things better for as many as he can. Everyone at the Boyle Ranch will be glad when this Presidency is over and we can have our Mikey back.....we don't mean to be selfish, but we can' help it. Mike will still stay involved with NRHA, but he will be glad to give up the reins and be able to spend more time with his Family, Friends and Customers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT Blog. Your write up on buying a nonpro horse was 100% correct. In my 20 plus years experience I have learned only since I have been with the Boyle Barn in what it is like to ride and show such a wonderful horse. Thanks again for your expertise in finding me my Rawhide not to mention my Janie.
You guys are GREAT!
THANK YOU
Vicki D.